Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Self Discipline is the first lesson

I believe self discipline is the first lesson to be learnt for being human. When I travel on the road, how many times we stop in the signal when it is red though there is none to monitor you. I heard a passage somewhere that "being a good person is important when you are not watched". It's so truthful, we never been honest when there is nobody to watch or recognise us. We try to pretend being honest when there is always some benefits.

Honesty to ourself is very important to the path of truth. It starts from me and I not you and him/them. I will try to overcome the lies and false habbits which I have and reap tremendous improvement.

Ok, coming back to self discipline, how do you proceed about it? Its about all the habbits we have, every thoughts we do. For example, I believe that I can getup at 4 am and do meditation when I go to bed but when the alarm wakes you and your mind badly need to continue to sleep. Oh! what a game it(mind) plays.: (a)I am tired to get up now (b) I have been working very hard yesterday (c) Oh it was late when i went to bed, mind will make excuses on and on...

How will I overcome this? When mind play all the tricks I question myself how important sleep is when compared to the meditation? So I realise the truth will get up and do meditation. Determination is one of the practice to achieve self discipline. I determine to get what I want.

But many times the trick wins! But I determined to make myself to getup at 4 am :-)

1 comment:

  1. I have got scolding for stopping in Red signal when there is no traffic police nearby. Do you remember Bajaj Bike advt. But I have stopped in the red signal.

    This doesn't mean I am fully honest. I like to be good even when I would not be caught. I do bad things too :)

    I like the example of getting at 4am. (I don't get up at 4 anyway). I like the point of 'Determination'.

    ReplyDelete